Raymarine EV-400 Power - Evolution Autopilot
Evolution Power Pilot, EV-1 autopilots consist of a Control Head, EV-1 Sensor, Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) and drive unit. The drive unit (inboard mechanical/ hydraulic or cockpit mounted) and correct ACU for your vessel is dependent on the steering system and displacement of the vessel itself.
- Automagic™ - No lengthy calibration procedures to perform. No compass calibration required. Plug and play connections
- Easy to install - Freedom from the restrictions of conventional heading sensors. EV sensor core can be installed above or below deck. Install upside-down or off the vessel's centre line.
- Aerospace technology - 9-axis precision monitoring of pitch, roll, yaw and heading
- Fuel efficient - Evolution autopilots steer so accurately they will save fuel and get you to your destination faster
The EV Sensor Core
At the centre of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing.
Mount the EV sensor core above or below decks, the rugged enclosure is fully sealed and built to IPX6 and IPX7 waterproofing and submersion standards.
EV Sensor Core Benefits
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
- Flexible installation options. Mount above or below deck.
- Simple SeaTalkng connectivity to the control head and ACU.
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes.
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
Autopilot Control Unit (ACU)
The rugged ACU (Actuator Control Unit) delivers reliable autopilot drive power and also provides power to the SeaTalkng bus. This package includes the ACU-400.
EV-1 Cockpit and Inboard Autopilots
EV-1 autopilots consist of a Control Head, EV-1 Sensor, Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) and drive unit. The drive unit (inboard mechanical/ hydraulic or cockpit mounted) and correct ACU for your vessel is dependent on the steering system and displacement of the vessel itself.
P70R / P70Rs Autopilot Control Heads
The p70R / p70Rs autopilot control head is designed for power craft with push buttons and a rotary control dial. Advanced LED backlighting offers low power consumption and delivers vibrant colour and contrast. Wide horizontal and vertical viewing angles ensure the display can be seen clearly from acute positions.
The p70R / p70Rs control head also features the LightHouse user interface and a start up wizard to help you configure the pilot quickly and easily.
Diameter: 140 mm (5.5 in) | Depth (including mounting enclosure): 35 mm (1.4 in) | Depth (including wall bracket): 95 mm (3.8 in)
Nominal supply voltage
12 V (powered by SeaTalkng system)
Operating voltage range
10.8 V to 15.6 V dc
(taken from SeaTalkngsystem)
(Load Equivalency Number)
3-axis digital accelerometer | 3-axis digital compass | 3-axis gyro digital angular rate sensor
SeaTalkng | NMEA 2000 DeviceNet (EV-2 only)
Operating temperature: -20ºC to +55ºC (-4ºF to +131ºF)
Storage temperature: -30ºC to +70ºC (-22ºF to +158ºF)
Relative humidity: max 93%
Waterproof rating: IPX 6
0.29 kg (0.64 lbs)
Europe: 2004/108/EC | Australia and New Zealand
Warranty On Raymarine EV-400 Power*2 Year Standard Raymarine Warranty. Extend into 3 Year Warranty by Registering Product With Raymarine. Your Proof of Purchase documentation is important. Please keep it in a safe place. If you need a warranty service your proof of purchase will be required.
Nominal power supply
12 V or 24 V
Operating voltage range
10.8 V to 31.2 V dc
Drive current output
Maximum continuous 30 A at supply voltage
Drive clutch output
Up to 4 A continuous at - 12 V on 12 V systems, 24 V on 24 V systems, 12 V on 24 V systems
Rudder reference sensor, Sleep switch, Power, Drive motor, Drive clutch, Ground, Digital Input/Output
Power consumption (standby) main power supply
300 mA (12/24 V)
Power consumption (standby) SeaTalkng power supply
20 mA (12 V)
SeaTalkng LEN (Load Equivalency Number)
SeaTalkng power out
3 A at 12 V (fuse protected at 3 A)
Operating temperature: -20ºC to +55ºC (-4ºF to +131ºF) | Storage temperature: -30ºC to +70ºC (-22ºF to +158ºF) | Relative humidity: max 93%
2.2kg (4.84 lbs)
Europe: 2004/108/EC | Australia and New Zealand: C-Tick, Compliance Level 2