Furuno NAVpilot 700/OB
Large Display Autopilot for Outboard Power Boats
FURUNO’s NAVpilot is a revolutionary autopilot with a sunlight viewable display designed for a variety of vessels. It utilizes a self-learning and adaptive software algorithm, and plays the ultimate role in course-keeping capability. NAVpilot dynamically adjusts essential parameters during navigation, such as vessel speed, trim, draught, tide and wind effects, dead band, weather and more. These parameters are stored in the system memory and continuously optimized.
From the first dock-side setup through the last voyage you made, NAVpilot continues to learn your vessel's steering characteristics. This allows dynamic adjustments to the boat's steering for vessel speed, trim, draft, tide and wind effects. These characteristics are stored in the processor's memory where they are continuously optimized to make the NAVpilot more versatile.
The optional SAFE HELM and POWER ASSIST features provide a unique interface to the vessel's hydraulic hand steering system, providing unrivaled comfort and control of steering directly from any manual helm on the vessel. These two modes greatly reduce steering effort and enhance the safety of your autopilot. The POWER ASSIST mode incorporates the SAFE HELM concept and provides speed-based, power assisted steering, which greatly reduces manual helm effort in maneuvering situations. POWER ASSIST is a unique helm-activated assisted steering feature that can augment or replace separate electric and power-robbing, engine-driven power steering systems on many vessels. POWER ASSIST reduces steering system complexity and costs while increasing economy. SAFE HELM and POWER ASSIST modes will require the optional FPS8 Power Steering Module and an appropriate HRP Pumpset, along with a system software update.
FishHunter mode is a unique feature of FURUNO’s NAVpilot series. Find a fish target with your FURUNO sonar/sounder or bird target with your FURUNO radar and feed it to the NAVpilot. The NAVpilot will activate the FishHunter mode to perform square, zigzag, circle, orbit, spiral or figure-eight maneuvers around the specified target at a user selected distance. This feature can also be used for Man Overboard (MOB).
Multi-station capability, with a maximum of six stations, is available through the utilization of a high speed network. Drive unit sold separately.
- Revolutionary SAFE HELM and POWER ASSIST option brings unrivaled steering comfort and control at the helm (This feature will be available in an upcoming software update)
- Selectable "Economy" and "Precision" Navigation Modes combine adaptive technology providing fuel and power savings of up to 2.5% or more.
- "Precision" XTE accuracy: within 0.003 nm
- Dual NMEA2000 network interface and Furuno CAN bus interface provides isolation and redundancy for safety
- Simplified activation set-up by on-screen wizard
- Perfect for inboard or outboard power boats and sail boat.
- Simple one-touch mode selection enables flexible steering and course control
- Perfect cosmetic match with NavNet 3D, FI50 instrument series, GP33 GPS Navigator and RD33 Data Display
- Mix and match up to 6 displays in a single network
In the box:
- NAVpilot 700 Control Head