The 6 hp 4-stroke outboard provides all the power you need for motoring in a small craft. This engine does that as well as providing fuel efficiency second to none and a redesigned carrying handle and holding grip make it convenient to transport! With all of this available at a competitive price, it is no wonder this little 6hp outboard receives so much attention and praise!
The 6hp short & long shaft models are now available with either an internal 0.3 gallon fuel tank (6CD model) or with an external 3.1 gallon fuel tank (6C model). The internal fuel tank model even includes a built-in external fuel connector so you can easily add an optional separate fuel tank.
Sail Pro Model! Designed specifically for sail boaters. This powerful sailboat engine, available in a "long" and an "ultra-long" shaft, has a high thrust sail drive propeller to give you the power you need. It also includes a 12V, 60W, 5A charging system for charging your battery or powering external electrical devices and its own charging cable. Sailing just got better with Tohatsu's 6hp "Sail Pro" sailboat motor!
Tohatsu 6 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- Newly designed holding grip and larger carrying handle
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge (standard on external fuel tank models only)
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Longer Tiller Handle: The tiller handle has been extended 110mm from previous models for easier access and maneuverability.
- Front Mounted Shift Lever: The new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for better drivability.
- Larger Carrying Handle and newly designed Holding Grip on bottom cowl: A newly installed holding grip on the bottom of the cowl as well as a larger carrying handle makes transporting this compact model even easier.
- Propeller Hub Exhaust: Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MFS6CSPROUL*
- Shaft Length: 25
- Cylinders: 1
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Remote Fuel Tank: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 1
- Output: 6 hp (4.4 kW)
- Displacement: 123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)
- Starting: Manual
- Control Type: Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6 in. - 9 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in., 25 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 15 fl. oz. (450 mL)
- Fuel Tank: Internal Fuel Tank Models (MFS6CD) : 0.3 US gal. (1.15 L) Integral Tank (Includes an External Fuel Tank Connector installed on engine to allow user to use an optional external fuel tank) External Fuel Tank Models (MFS6C) : 3.1 US gal. (12 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 55 lb. (25 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A (Standard on "Sail Pro" models)
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard